The CARES training objectives are:
- Develop and maintain an organization training plan that continues to meet CARES' current operational requirements.
- Provide the structure and opportunity for all CARES members to advance their overall skills and readiness.
The focus of CARES monthly general meetings are for our members to review the roles, processes, procedures, and responsibilities that we will encounter during an activation. This training directly support our mission and the CARES Certification Program.
The training sessions are usually informal, held during our monthly general meetings, and are intended to elicit constructive discussion by the membership as we examine our emergency management policies and procedures.
- 1st Shift; the 1st 8 hours of an activation (Nov 2007)
- 9-1-1 Communications Systems, Summary (April 2000)
- ARK Orientation, (Sep 2014)
- ATV Slides+Notes, Notes (May 2001)
- Batteries, All About, (March 2012)
- Batteries, Care and Feeding of Rechargeable Batteries, (Dec 2008)
- CARES SOP 3.0, Introduction to
- Comm Van Update, pages 24-42 (Sep 2011)
- Communications Outage, (Sep 2015)
- Cross-Band Repeaters, Introduction (Oct 2013)
- Cross Band Repeat Radio Test (Nov 2003)
- Cupertino Sanitary District and Emergency Prep (Sep 2003)
- Cupertino Sanitary District Update (Oct 2007)
- Damage Assessment and START (Feb 2005)
- Dam Break! Dill Prep (Oct-2012) Overview, Debrief
- Drought and Wildland Fire Risks (Feb 2014)
- Earthquake! The CARES Response, (Nov 2008)
- Earthquake, City Wide Drill Prep (Oct 2009) Part 1, Part 2a, Part 2b
- Earthquake, City Wide Drill Prep (Oct 2011) Overview
- Earthquake, Event Timeline, Drill Prep (Apr 2012) Overview
- Earthquake, City Wide Drill Prep (Oct 2013) Overview
- Extended Response: Staffing and Resource Planning (Jan 2000)
- Forms for Field Responders Dec-12, Dec 2010, Jan 2009
- Go-Kits (Sep 2013)
- Hazards, Risk Summary Checkpoint (Sep 2016)
- Infrastructure Safety Assessment Part 1, Part 2 (May 2013)
- Incident Command System and SEMS (1.5Mb) (Dec 2000)
- Lunar New Year Event Prep (Mar 2003)
- MCIP Overview, Santa Clara County (Oct 2005)
- Mesh Networking Introduction (May 2015)
- Mesh Workshop (July 2015)
- Message Handling (Mar 2011)
- Message Handling: Open Nets&Field Msg Handling (Oct 2002)
- Message Handling; Situation Reporting (Feb 2002)
- Message Handling; Response Operations Change (Jan 2005)
- Movie: Dirty War; Fiction Terrorist Event (Sep 2005, see KN6PE)
- Operations: 1st Shift (Nov 2007)
- Operations: NCS and EOC Operations (Jan 2001)
- Packet Kit Update, pages 14-23 (Sep 2011)
- Packet Radio, Introduction to (Mar 2009. Sep 1999)
- Packet Radio Drill Prep (Oct-2010) Overview,
- Packet, Hands on (Apr 2009)
- Packet Radio, Updated (Apr 2004)
- Packet Radio and Outpost (Apr 2004)
- Pandemic & Flu (Jan 2007)
- PG&E and Emergency Preparedness, Summary (Feb 2001)
- Preliminary Safety Assessment On-line Training (Feb 2016), Process (Jan 2014), Initial Response (Nov 2007)
- Red Cross Communications, Summary (Mar 2000)
- Resource Management and handling SUVs (Dec 2005)
- Resource Management Followup (May 2006)
- Response Scenarios (Nov 2005)
- Santa Clara Fire Dept and Disaster Experiences (Sep 2001)
- SCVWD OPS Briefing, Winter Readiness (Nov 2000)
- Standardized Emergency Management System (Dec 2000)
- SEMS & ICS Review (Sept 2008)
- SUV, handling, and Resource Management (Dec 2005)
- SUV and Resource Management (Mar 2010)
- START and Damage Assessment (3.2Mb) (Feb 2005)
- Training Plan, Introduction to
- Transmitter Hunting (Apr 2001)
- Union Pacific Railroad and Disaster Prep, Summary (Jan 2002)
- Wildland Fire Drill, May 2014, May 2008
- Y2K Transition Plan
- Y2K Transition Plan Introduction: Discussion
6 Apr 2017, General Meeting
Topic: San Jose Water & Emergency Preparedness. 7:30pm to 9:00pm, Social Room, Quinlan Center
15 Apr 2017, Cupertino's Big Bunny Fun Run!
CARES has been asked to support this family friendly 5K run event. 8:00am to 11:00am, City Hall More Details...
4 May 2017, General Meeting
Topic: Infrastructure Safety Assessment (ISA) Drill Prep. 7:30pm to 9:00pm, EOC, City Hall
13 May 2017, ISA Exercise
CARES Field Deployment to perform the Infrastructure Safety Assessment Exercise. 8:00am to 12:00pm, details to follow.
1 Jun 2017, General Meeting
Topic: TBD. 7:30pm to 9:00pm, EOC, City Hall
24 Jun 2017, Field Day!
Annual "Emergency Field Communications" Drill. 8:00am to 4:30pm, Torre Ave between City Hall and the Library
4 Nov 2017, Sheriff's Heroes Fun Run!
Annual 5K run/walk and kids fun run sponsored by the Santa Clara County Sheriffs Office, County Fire, and Valley Medical Pediatrics. Cupertino Civic Center, 8:00am to 11:00am. More Details...